California Public Record Act (CPRA) requests may be submitted to the District using any of the following methods:
- Online: Online Form
- US Mail: Reclamation District 1000
Attn: Public Records
1633 Garden Highway
Sacramento, CA 95833
- Phone: 916-922-1449
Tips and Reminders when making a request
- Identifying Records: To help us provide records promptly, please provide specific information about the records you see which may include:
- Title of the document
- Subject Matter
- Author's name
- Date ranges
- Names of officers or employees who would likely have records
- Time Deadlines: RD1000 has 10 days to determine (1) whether requested records exist and (2) whether it is likely there are exemptions that will affect the disclosure of records. A limited 14-day extension may apply to extend the 10-day notice period for voluminous or complex requests. These deadlines do not apply to the delivery of records.
- Delivery of Records: We will provide an estimated record delivery date as part of the 10-day notice. Our team endeavors to provide records as quickly as possible, but many factors, such as the volume and complexity of a particular request, the time any subject employees are able to devote to gathering and reviewing records, and the number of requests that are currently in progress may impact our timing. We will provide updated anticipated record delivery dates periodically as the work progresses.
- Copying Fees: RD1000 charges 10 cents per page for the direct cost of duplicating records. When the District must compile or extract electronic data or perform computer programming, it may charge its full costs.
- Exemptions: The Public Records Act contains a number of exemptions that may cause RD 1000 to withhold portions of records, or full records, from time to time. Examples of records exempt from disclosure include: personnel records, investigative records, drafts, confidential legal advice, and records prepared in connection with litigation. We work diligently to apply the legal exemptions in a fair and objective manner, which in certain cases can extend the time for the delivery of records.
- Other important information: CPRA requests can be made anonymously, as long as contact information is provided (such as an email) for correspondence and the release of records.
- Statement of Economic Interest (Form 700): Copies of Statements of Economic Interest (Form 700s) of an RD1000 trustee should be obtained from the Board Secretary directly by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.